The title “Almost Brie” is an homage to a corny joke—one I put to good use when I introduce myself (in an attempt to make the whole “name remembering” thing a bit easier on new acquaintances). It goes something like this: “Hello, my name is Bri. Like the cheese”. And rarely do people forget.
As you may have noticed, I’m not a very reliable blogger. Perhaps, I’m holding onto this domain name in the hope that one day I’ll have the energy and discipline to do it well.
There are only two articles. . . published years ago. And yet some people find there way here from time to time. Since you’re here, I might as well do you the courtesy of recommending a good book or two!
Here they are:
- Mary Doria Russell (The Sparrow and Children of God)
- Jennifer Worth (The Midwife and Shadows of the Workhouse)
- Marilynne Robinson (Gilead)
- Yann Martel (Life of Pi)
- J.K. Rowling (The Harry Potter Series, but especially #5 and #6)
- Jonathan Safran-Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (The Little Prince)
- Malcolm Gladwell (David and Goliath)